Here are a couple of things to take note of as we are now in our Low Season (Nov 0 Mar, 2019.)
● SWEETWATER KITCHEN IS CLOSED. Therefore, continental
breakfast is not offered during this time. We recommend
bringing food. The cabins have a full kitchen, the upper suite has
a mini-fridge, coffee maker and access to a microwave.
Below are other dining and food options
Hells Backbone Grill- Open throughout November.
○ Burr Trail Grill- Open until the first week of November
○ In Escalante, Devils Garden, Escalante Outfitters, Circle D
and North Creek Grill will be open throughout November.
○ Hills and Hollows in Boulder- Open throughout November.
Limited hours in December.
○ Griffins Grocery store in Escalante will be open throughout
● The office will be open on Fridays 3-7pm. However, in case of an
emergency, someone will be on property. Information for
reaching them will be provided for you upon arrival. There will be
staff on property during your stay. If you need any assistance
please don’t hesitate to ask any of the staff members.
● If you check in after the office hours. An envelope with your
name will be located in a basket outside the office door: included
will be your paperwork, a map of the ranch with directions to
your accommodation, your room key, as well as information on
the surrounding area.
● The lounge located on the south side of the event center will be
open for wi-fi access. There is a nice sitting area, deck and
bathroom. The Great Room in the main lodge will be open but
will not be serviced. The wi-fi access code for the lounge is
○ Network: Studio
○ Password: saltgulch
● We have no cell phone service in the Salt Gulch area. Most
phones have wi-fi calling capabilities, which can be turned on
through your “settings” on your phone. There is also a phone for
use in the Great Room of the main lodge.
● KEEP IN MIND THAT WEATHER AFFECTS ACCESS TO
CERTAIN AREAS OF INTEREST! Boulder Mountain can get a
lot of snow and some vehicles can get stuck easily. There is also
little to no cell service on the mountain. We advise that you be
cautious of the activities you choose during the off-season. The
road to the lodge is mostly paved, but any higher up Hell’s
Backbone road is NOT.
We are looking forward to your stay! Please let us know of any further
question or concerns that you may have.
We are located 3.5 miles south of Boulder by mile marker 83. On Google Maps, you can find us at:
“Boulder Mountain Guest Ranch, Dixie National Forest, Hells Backbone Rd, Boulder, UT 84716”.
Detailed directions: The Ranch is located 3.3 miles down Hells Backbone Road. Turn on Hells Backbone Road off of Highway 12 (Salt Gulch). Drive 3.3 miles down Hells Backbone Road. You will see our sign on the left side of the road. Follow the driveway down to the Main Lodge where you will check in. Google maps states our address as 3995 Hells Backbone Road.